Barcelona is an iconic metropolis, recognized for its full of life tradition and creativity. However, within the final 20 years, town has additionally change into one of many world’s most engaging startup ecosystems. Barcelona is often ranked amongst Europe’s top five startup hubs and profitable firms resembling Travelperk, Typeform, and Glovo had been based within the metropolis.
But what explains Barcelona’s popularity among entrepreneurs and what’s it prefer to be a founder there?
TNW traveled to Barcelona to interview a number of worldwide and native founders to listen to what they needed to say concerning the ecosystem’s strengths and weaknesses.
Who precisely did we discuss to? Let’s run via them shortly together with a brief tease of what they needed to say — and do watch the entire video to search out out extra about Barcelona!
- Cecelia Tham, future synthesist and serial founder, discusses how town has modified over the past 20 years and its distinctive co-working scene
- Xavier Carrillo-Costa, CEO and founding father of Digital Legends, believes Barcelona is a good place to start out up, however he desires the ecosystem to develop into the remainder of Catalonia
- Nuria Pastor, CEO and co-founder of humanITcare, and Mariona Serra, CEO and co-founder of GoodGut, spotlight well being tech as town’s key energy
- Jeroen Merchiers, founder and board member of LANAI Partners, provides an outline of the ecosystem’s funding panorama
- Laura Guerra Arias describes what it was prefer to discovered her firm, Redpanti, in the course of the pandemic and the way the native networking scene helped her out
- The CEO and founding father of Novicap, Federico Travella, explains how expertise attraction factored into establishing store in Barcelona
- And George Chilton, Creative Director at Hubbub Labs, talks concerning the metropolis’s attraction and the impact massive occasions have had on the startup scene
Don’t take our phrase for it although, hear for your self what they needed to say by clicking the video on the high of this text. And for even extra details about Barcelona‘s startup ecosystem, do check out this website by ACCIÓ.